Questions about Wedding Services
Q: What is included in your wedding packages?
A: The Farm offers the following wedding services:
- Access to our Gathering Places (and decor closet)
- Coordination Services (these start 6 months before your event)
- Catering from The Farm Kitchen (each client enjoys a custom one-of-a-kind menu)
- Bar Services (beer/wine and full bar options)
- On-site Lodging (we have lodging options for up to 38 guests + 16 more with a partnership across the street)
- Taste of The Farm (4 guests included in package)
Q: Can you describe your Gathering Places?
A: Wedding Clients have access to our 17-acre property during their Access Period. The property includes:
- Event Center (heated and air-conditioned) and Covered Pavilion (heated)
- Multiple Ceremony Sites including the Gazebo, Garden, Cove and Rhododendron Wall
- Beautiful, unique Photo Locations
- Our well manicured Lawns and Parking areas
Q: What is the Taste of The Farm?
A: Each of our full wedding clients will have an opportunity to attend a Taste of The Farm. We get rave reviews on these events from our clients and their families.
You’ll taste food from The Farm Kitchen, sample our beer/wine options, participate in break-out sessions with key staff members, and be inspired by the work of some of our favorite vendors. It’s a wonderful way to experience The Farm as your guests will and it will help you fine tune the “feel” of your event.
Q: I see that many of your ceremony sites are located outside. What happens if it rains?
A: Your coordinator will create both a fair weather and an inclement weather plan for your ceremony. The decision on which plan to use is determined the morning of your wedding day.
In the event that it rains or is cold, we have space for your ceremony inside our Event Center or under our Covered Pavilion. Our experienced team will “flip the space” from your ceremony configuration to your reception floorplan during your cocktail hour. This transition can be completed in just a few minutes.
Questions about Wedding Coordination Services
Q: Is a coordinator included in the Package?
A: We believe that a coordinator is imperative to ensure the wedding runs smoothly and the couple (and their families) can relax and enjoy the day. We offer our own in-house Coordination Service, and this support begins six months before the wedding. This service is required.
Clients who would like earlier support can upgrade to The Farm’s Coordination Plus service or hire an outside full wedding planner. Those who would like an outside planner can select one from our approved list (and receive a discount on The Farm’s coordination service) or select their own but are required to use our in-house services for catering and bar planning, floorplans, decor plans (for The Farm’s in-house decor) and timelines.
Q: What does your standard Coordination Service include?
A: Our standard coordination services have several key touchpoints:
- 6 Months – At this initial check-in we discuss vendor progress and set your anchor timeline so you can prepare your invitations.
- 4-5 Months – Our menu designer will contact you to develop menu and bar plans.
- 3 Months – We’ll introduce your assigned Coordinator, review vendor plans and set up your 30-Day Meeting.
- 1 Month – Your 30-Day meeting is where the heavy lifting happens. We’ll create a minute-by-minute timeline, detailed floor plan and select decor.
- Day Before – We’ll conduct your wedding rehearsal and receive any personal decor you’ll use at your event.
- Wedding Day – Your coordinator will discuss plans for weather (if necessary), oversee the set-up based on your 30-Day plans, oversee your timeline, support you and your wedding party, and pack up your personal decor at the end of the Event.
Questions about Catering
Q: You talk about custom menus, what does that mean?
A: Our Executive Chef, Mike Ferrari, wants the catering at your wedding to be extraordinary. About 5 months before your event, you’ll meet with our Menu Designer and create your own one-of-a-kind menu. We’ll explore service styles, food preferences, family traditions and your budget as part of the process.
Q: May we bring in an outside caterer?
A: With the exception of desserts, we do not allow outside food to be brought in. Catering is provided by our excellent Farm Kitchen team.
Q: May we bring our own alcohol?
A: The Farm offers a bar package featuring Asheville’s best local beers and ciders as well as some delicious house wines. If you have a special beer/wine in mind, we’re happy to support custom bar options by sourcing your favorites through our local distributor network. They have a very good selection.
Clients may also offer signature cocktails and/or a full bar. Due to liquor laws in North Carolina, you will apply for a special occasion liquor license (we’ll walk you through the process) and provide the spirits (vodka, bourbon etc.) We’ll help you with recipes, quantities, and mixers. In accordance with state law, our bartenders will serve.
Questions about Contract and Payments
Q: What is the wedding payment schedule?
A: Following are a few key deadlines. A complete payment schedule is reviewed during the tour and is included in the contract for easy reference.
- At Booking – To secure the date, clients pay 50% of the Venue Rental Fee and Coordination Services and sign the wedding contract. Please note that we cannot hold dates based on a verbal commitment.
- Six months prior to the wedding clients pay the balance of the Venue Rental Fee and Coordination Fee (plus tax). In addition, the first of two catering deposits is due.
- At Two months, clients pay the second catering deposit as well as the balance for any lodging (plus tax).
- At Three weeks, final catering counts are due.
- Two weeks prior, clients pay the remainder of their catering balance.
Q: When do I have access to the property? How much time is allowed for set-up and clean-up?
A: Your access period will depend on the package you purchase. Saturday packages in Premium and Special Months include 12 hours of access. All other days (including Saturdays in Winter Months) include 8 hours of access.
You are required to allocate 2 hours of purchased access time for your vendors to set-up before guest arrival and 1 hour for clean-up at the end of the night. This is the time for your vendors to set-up and load-out after the event.
Additional time can be purchased to extend the party or allow vendors more time for intricate installations/deinstallations. However, all events must end by 11 PM with load out until midnight.
Q: Is there on-site lodging on the property?
A: Yes, we have seven beautiful cabins and cottages on the property and can accommodate up to 38 guests. We’ve recently partnered with a new property just across the street. It’s where couples capture those amazing sunset photos with the mountain backdrop. This larger home has 6 bedrooms and sleeps up to 16 guests.
Q: How far are you from Asheville?
A: We are located a short 10 miles from downtown Asheville. Asheville has a convenient airport for out-of-town guests.