Asheville Wedding FAQ
Q: What is included in the Wedding Package?
Our wedding packages include:
- Access to our Event Center, wedding gazebo, lawns and parking areas.
- The Farm’s extensive inventory of service and decorative items (see Farm Décor Inventory List for details).
- Set-up/tear-down of all equipment provided by The Farm.
- One hour wedding rehearsal (based on availability).
The Farm also offers:
- Access to our in-house Farm Kitchen catering.
- Month-of Wedding Coordination Services
- The Farm Cabins and Cottages
Q: Is there a space for an outside ceremony? What about inclement weather?
Yes! We have a beautiful outdoor gazebo frequently used for wedding ceremonies. However, should there be inclement weather on your wedding day, we can transition to an alternate set-up with two hours notice.
Q: Is there on-site lodging on the property?
Yes, we have seven beautiful cabins and cottages on the property and can accommodate up to 38 guests.
Q: Can we use sparklers, fireworks or Chinese lanterns in our departure?
We have horses and other animals on The Farm property. For their protection, we cannot allow sparklers, fireworks or Chinese lanterns.
Q: When do I have access to the property? How much time is allowed for set-up and clean-up?
- Friday and Saturday weddings from March to November: Clients have access to the property for up to fourteen hours. This allows for 6 hours set-up, 7 hours for the ceremony and reception and 1 hour for clean-up and removal of your personal items.
- Sunday – Thursday weddings and Friday and Saturday winter weddings: Clients have access to the property for 8 hours. This allows for 2 hours set-up, 5 hours for the ceremony and reception and 1 hour for clean-up and removal of your personal items.
All items must be delivered to The Farm during the set-up window and removed from the property by the end of Clean-up.
Q: Is a coordinator included in the Package?
We believe that the use of a planner or a coordinator is imperative to ensure the event runs smoothly ensuring the bride can enjoy the day. The Farm allows brides to select a full wedding planner from our approved vendor list or we offer month-of-coordinator service (see the Coordinator Contract and Pricing document for details).
Q: May we bring in an outside caterer?
With the exception of desserts, we do not allow outside food to be brought in. Catering is provided by our excellent Farm Kitchen team.
Q: Is there a food & beverage minimum?
No. We do not have catering minimums.
Q: What is the payment schedule?
The following are a few key deadlines:
- To secure the date, clients pay 50% of the Wedding Package Price. We are not able to hold dates based on a verbal commitment.
- Six months prior to the wedding, clients pay deposits for their Month-of-Coordinator (if applicable) and catering.
- Thirty days prior to the wedding, clients pay the remainder of their Wedding Package and Coordinator balances.
- Fourteen days prior to the wedding, clients pay the remainder of their Catering balance.
Q: How far are you located from Asheville?
We are located a short 10 miles from downtown Asheville.